DIT: Mason Jar Lanterns
To make hanging mason jar lanterns,
you’ll need the following:
– mason jars (preferably with 2.25″ opening) which can be bought at a local grocery store or here
– mason jar lantern kits (by midwest finds) – 3 sets for $10
– long burning votive candles OR LED votives
– vase filler: consider sand, water beads, colorful ice rock gems, seashells, or clear ice gems
1. Secure wire lantern kit + chain to top of jar
2. Fill 1/3 of jar with vase filler of your choice
3. Place candle on top of vase filler
4. Hang lantern at wedding reception or line pathways to light up the night
EB TIP: If your budget allows, make extra jars (non-hanging) as lanterns and add tags to give away as wedding favors. Guests will love ‘em!
Alternate: Day to Night Decor
Fill with water + add flowers of your choice during the day; at night, add a floating candle to the water.
Posted on November 8, 2013, in Design and tagged Clear ice gems, Colorful ice rock gems, Crafts, Do it yourself /DIY, Floating candles, Flowers, LED votives, Mason jar lantern kits, Mason jars, Sand, Seashells, Vase filler, Votive candles, Water beads, Wire. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.