Butternut Squash Lasagna Recipe
Makes: 8 to 10 servings
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1/3 cups finely shredded Parmesan cheese (5-1/2 oz.)
- 1 cup whipping cream
2. For sauce: Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in squash and rosemary.
3. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole. To assemble, spread about 1 cup of the sauce in the the prepared baking dish. Layer three of the noodles in dish. Spread with one-third of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the Pamesan cheese. Repeat layering noodles, sauce, and Parmesan cheese two more times. Pour whipping cream evenly over layers in dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
4. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more or until edges are bubbly and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Posted on October 1, 2012, in Recipe and tagged Butter, Butternut Squash, Butternut Squash Lasagna, Flour, Fresh Rosemary, Garlic, Lasagna Noodles, Milk, Olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Recipe, Salt, Whipping cream. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.