Funky Decoupage Pumpkins
Hello boys and girls,
I have the most eye-poppingly amazing DIY project to share with you today. I so love it when something is completely new and original and this is such, in abundance.
Perfect if you’re looking for a rustic centrepiece for your wedding, or just an idea for a halloween party. These decoupaged pumpkins are so pretty, I love them, lots.
Created by the wonderful Sibylle of Funkytime, who is a graphic designer and self-confessed design junkie. Here’s the tutorial and how-to in Sibylle’s own words.
I tried two different spray paints. One was oil-based (pictured), the other one acrylic. I liked the acrylic one better, the oil-based one took almost a day to fully dry.
1. Paint your pumpkin and let dry.
2. Cut out the shape you like from the napkin. My napkin had 3 layers, I only took the one, that had the print on it.
3. Brush a layer of mod podge on the pumpkin
4. Press the napkin on to the pumpkin and seal with another layer of mod podge.
5. Sprinkle a little glitter here and there.
6. Let dry.
*Optional: Spray with sealer.