‘Sweet Love’ Garland
Here’s a Sweet Love garland that was used for Whitney Deal’s, of Darling Dexter, wedding!
It could be used for pretty much anything!😉
Here are the step-by-step images that coordinate with the instructions below…
Several sheets of cardstock for the front (preferably white)
Several sheets of cardstock for the backing (a contrasting color)
Decorative Paper Punch (I have a doilie punch from the Martha Stewart Craft Line)
Xacto Knive or Ribbon Paper Punch
1. Decide on what you would like your sign to say and then head to the computer to print out the individual letters. If you are looking for a more interesting font to use but don’t want to invest a lot of money on a high-price font, check out sites like dafont.com which offer mounds of free fonts.
2. Now is the time to decide how big you would like each of your individual letters to be–depending on where you plan to display them and how far away they need to be read. When cutting out your color backing be sure to make it large enough that when you punch your design into the edges, it still peaks around the sides of your letters.
3. Glue the two pieces of cardstock together.
4. Using an xacto knife or a ribbon paper punch (I know the Martha Stewart Craft Line carries one of these handy tools) — make the slots for your ribbon to pass through
5. Lastly, weave your ribbon through the individual letters and voila!